Friday 31 January 2014

WHY ME ?

At times, feeling helpless and vulnerable seems the only choice left with us.
WHY ME ?
Be strong. And when you get knocked down, dust yourself off, wipe up all of your tears and stay true to your dreams. In the end, you will be grateful you did.

Somewhere someone is going through a rough patch of his/ her life. Someone is silently suffering with an irreparable loss. Someone is going through a brutal heart break and caught between a rock and a hard place. For someone, life is miserable and it’s so hard to make ends meet. Someone is being jittery about his/ her future. Someone’s most special relationship is on the rock. It seems as if every time we solve one problem, a new one springs up and life itself has become an ‘ongoing problem’. Things just don’t go ‘our way’ and one question comes across our mind time to time, “Why Me?”

At times, feeling helpless and vulnerable seems the only choice left with us. And then comes the stage of ‘Self Pity’ where life looks like a burden and a series of unresolved issues. And all you feel like, "My tears dried and my heart died." Perhaps you want to cry your heart out. And when you have no shoulder to cry on, your tears seem to be your only friends for they know each detail of your struggles, every nuance of your challenges. Because nothing is hidden to them and they know it all. Here is no noise, no argument between two of you: You & Your beloved Tears. Here is an unvoiced understanding. But now even the tears have departed. They no more come back to your rescue; they no more share your loss; now they no more tell you that you are not alone.

No doubt, there are times in your life when your existence really seems an empty cup. Your journey appears near impossible. This all looks like a circle. There was a time when you started on a high note. And suddenly you hit rock bottom. Life turns upside down when your best dreams become worst fears. As you walk down the memory lane, you miss everything and everyone with whom you cherished beautiful memories. And now this very moment, you feel lonely, you feel yourself as a little kid who lost his family somewhere midway and at this time he is missing in a street filled with smoke, he fails to see any shelter nearby in a terrible cold night and it becomes difficult to see the way ahead.

Sometimes life is real tough.
I always say life is not a bed of roses, it’s not a cakewalk either. Sometimes life is real tough. But it’s also true that your present situation is not your final destination, the best is yet to come. When something bad happens, you have three choices: let it define you; let it destroy you; let it strengthen you and finally it’s all up to you. In the words of Martin Luther King Jr, “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” When tennis icon Arthur Ashe was dying of AIDS, a fan questioned him on why God had selected him for such a nasty disease. He responded that of the millions who play tennis, only a few fortunate ones get to Wimbledon and when he was holding the champion’s trophy, he never asked God ‘Why me ?’  

she’s sold 400,000,000 books.
And built a fortune of $800,000,000.
All she ever wanted to do was write. But few believed in her. She ended up as a single mom. Collecting social benefit checks–just to get food onto the table. For her and her child. On a trip from Manchester to London in 1990, her train was delayed. And an idea burst into her imagination. About a boy who didn’t know what he was. She called this kid Harry Potter. And she wrote about his adventures. 12 publishers rejected the book. A small house called Bloomsbury Press eventually agreed to publish it. But even then, the author was told “you’ll never make any money on children’s books.” Yet, the book caught fire. Touched the hearts of millions. Inspired a new generation to read. Of course, the woman is JK Rowling. And she’s sold 400,000,000 books. And built a fortune of $800,000,000.

Mind you, every dark night is a temporary phase in this world. Likewise every human difficulty is temporary in nature. Moreover, life’s obstacles and sufferings have a good point too. They give you a chance to open up your hidden potential and show you a new possibility. Sufi mystic Rumi said, “The wound is the place where the light enters you.” Be brave to let go of the past. And fight for the present that you deserve. A better future is always yours. Then this small voice whispered in my ear, “Don’t fret! I’m with you…Don’t feel down, I’m with you…Don’t feel out, I’m with you…I’m with you till you make it. I’m with you no matter what.” “Yes, I will fight come what may. Albeit I stare at my defeat, I will find my hope. I would not budge, even if I’m burnt, bruised, and beaten…You have not given up on me, I will not give up on you. I may fall, but I will never say die.” said I.

Remember, when life hits you hard in the face, don’t say “Why Me?” Stare right into her eyes and say, “I Dare You, Try Me!”


If you really liked this blog post and wish to share your experiences/ remarks/ views with me, you are most welcome. Write to me at pdpbygauravmisra@gmail.com.

If you really liked this blog and wish to share your experiences/ remarks/ views with me, you are most welcome. Write to me at pdpbygauravmisra@gmail.com - See more at: http://www.pdpbygauravmisra.blogspot.in/#sthash.jz7TQzjx.dpuf
If you really liked this blog and wish to share your experiences/ remarks/ views with me, you are most welcome. Write to me at pdpbygauravmisra@gmail.com - See more at: http://www.pdpbygauravmisra.blogspot.in/#sthash.jz7TQzjx.dpuf
If you really liked this blog and wish to share your experiences/ remarks/ views with me, you are most welcome. Write to me at pdpbygauravmisra@gmail.com - See more at: http://www.pdpbygauravmisra.blogspot.in/#sthash.jz7TQzjx.dpuf

1 comment: